There is nothing better than salt in the air and sand in my hair (what's left of it).

Monday, June 13, 2011

Summertime Visitors

Belly to chest high waves with a little more punch than yesterday, 65˚ water and just a handful of guys out the first hour. Paddled out just before 5:30 and caught a half dozen waves right off the bat before things slowed down. Then around 7:00 just as it started to pick up again a group of 8 or 10 people, with their own photographer, paddled out together and sat in a little pack (right next to me?!?) paddling for every little hump and bump that passed through. I heard one of them say to the rest of the group “They’ll be talking about how we ripped at Trestles for years”. Finally, one of the “guests” asked me if this was uppers or lowers, I just turned around and paddled deep into the bay, picked off a couple of set waves that pulled way south and called it quits at 7:30 when I saw the whole pack paddling over to me. Is it winter yet?







No comments:

Post a Comment