There is nothing better than salt in the air and sand in my hair (what's left of it).

Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Comedy of Errors

Boy did I ever blow it today.   It was cold Monday (59˚-60˚) the last time I surfed after the Sunday night windfest, but I assumed it had started warming back up again.   I almost put the 4/3 on this morning because of the air temp at home, but decided to go with the 3/2, it’s June for fuck’s sake and I was only going to be able to stay out for an hour and a half before going to work anyway.   Then I decided to forgo booties, even though it was low tide; I hate booties.   It felt pretty cold as I paddled out into the head high plus waves and the offshore wind was howling; it seemed tolerable though at first.  Caught a few waves and then the cold started to bring my core temperature down.  It had to 55˚, maybe less and the air was in the mid 40’s.   What little mojo I had was completed sucked out of me.   Went over the falls and then spun out on a bottom turn.  I couldn’t feel my feet or my hands.  Finally caught a decent sized wave in, completed a very painful rock dance and called it a morning.   Too bad, because it really was good.   Tomorrow I’ll be gettin all rubbered up.




Still Flowing


No comments:

Post a Comment