Against my better judgement I let someone (Steve) talk me into going this morning. Buoys were down from yesterday and the high tide was peaking right at 6:00. I really only caught one wave that could be considered a legit ride. I was hoping it would pick up fast with the approaching storm; no such luck. But you can't score if you don't go. Batten down the hatches looks like a lot of rain is coming our way.
This morning we gave Lowers a shot since there was nobody up top. After 20 minutes the line-up was packed with 15 people for meager waist high waves. Meanwhile, I could see tons of waves at uppers with nobody out. We exited and hauled ass over to uppers. Caught a few chest high waves right after paddling out but then a long lull took over. Groveled on the inside for a while and then one last flurry of waves came through; called it a morning after that. Nine times out of ten that would have been the right call, just not today.
Looks like bad weather coming through for the weekend; I hope the wind won't be as bad as forecasted cuz I have another ten day business trip to Europe coming up next week.
A little smaller than yesterday but just as fun. Some good long rides if you waited for the right one. Ebb tide slowed things down a bit but I had to be on the phone at 8:00 so the timing was good for me. Dave & Fred went to lowers; said it was good, but how could it not be good with a south swell. I keep forgetting to mention that the leopard sharks have been back for about a week now. Nice to see but still a little eerie walking/paddling through them in the wee hours of the morning all by yourself :-[
Richard Fisher - damn, I shoulda stayed out for one more......