There is nothing better than salt in the air and sand in my hair (what's left of it).

Monday, February 11, 2013

Not As Good As Some, Better Than Most

Finally starting to shake this cold.  I really paid for going surfing last Tuesday when I was coming down with it.  Didn't even consider going over the weekend; need to feel 100% before I go again.  The good news, if you want to call it that, is I get to spend the next four days in a training course on root cause analysis tools (Engineer geek stuff), but should be good to go by Friday.  It’s important to maintain the core competencies of your occupation because it is the means that provides the opportunity to enjoy this sport of kings.  Unfortunately for us the forecast is pretty bleak through next weekend.
So between babysitting the grand-kids and the usual chores around the house last weekend I was able to clean up and make repairs on the rest of my quiver.  “Give me 6 hours to chop down a tree and I’ll spend the first hour sharpening the ax” – Abe Lincoln. 
Courtesy of Surfline


No comments:

Post a Comment