There is nothing better than salt in the air and sand in my hair (what's left of it).

Friday, June 1, 2012

Happy Anniversary To Me

Today is the 45th anniversary of catching my first wave.   For my 12th birthday my Dad bought me my own surfboard which came with a set of wood racks for the family station wagon; all for $40.   The old man got me a 9’6” Weber from the son of the owner of Kruse dairy in Pico Rivera.  That first wave put the hook in me and I knew then I would do this the rest of my life.  The wave itself  wasn’t  too spectacular, I basically rode the foam into a reform on the inside at HB pier.  But that’s all it took.
As for today’s fiasco, Dave and I got skunked again.  Nothing over knee high.   Maybe tomorrow if there’s some size and the south wind doesn’t hack it up








No comments:

Post a Comment