There is nothing better than salt in the air and sand in my hair (what's left of it).

Monday, January 1, 2018

2017 Remembered

For me 2017 was a year of injury, recuperation and lifestyle changes. I missed 4 months of surfing due to my torn calf muscle. The good news is I lost 30 pounds during the downtime, primarily through dietary changes. I'm not one to make resolutions or set goals, changing the process is always much more effective, but I did spend the last few days of 2017 converting a spare bedroom into a gym. I'm getting to the age where just surfing isn't enough to keep in shape, so more yoga and more isometric exercise will replace some of my couch time. Going through the pictures of 2017 it really wasn't a great year, except that 10 day stretch at the end of October, luckily I was able to go everyday. Here is 2017 in sequence Jan-Dec.

I also try to take daily pictures of the San Mateo Estuary as it is the source of our little cobblestone wonderland. Again pictures are sequential Jan-Dec.

No comments:

Post a Comment