There is nothing better than salt in the air and sand in my hair (what's left of it).

Friday, May 25, 2012

Down South

Took a drive with my wife and our pug Lucy to San Diego to check out Bird's Surf Shed.  Since I started surfing in 1968 our equipment has gone through constant evolution.  It's all here. I've owned so many of these shapes over the years and it really took me back.  I even saw a couple of asymmetrical longboards that were from the 60's, so really asymmetrical boards are nothing new. I also had to stop at Patagonia to look at the latest Fletcher Chouinard designs.  A good day because we dodged all the holiday traffic too.




I asked to borrow this 6-2 Skip Frye but it was in for repairs.  Damn it!

Lucy picked her board

I had one of these

and one of these too

All wood corner


Beer can surfboard, waxed and ready to go!

Had to visit the Cardiff Kook - Happy Birthday Austin, whoever you are. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment