There is nothing better than salt in the air and sand in my hair (what's left of it).

Monday, September 5, 2011

Fickle Wind

When I got up this morning to let the Pugs out the wind was blowing at least 10 knots at my house out of the west. On the way down I came off at Calafia to look at State Park and get a read on the wind. It was hard onshore there. Met Fred, Nick, Dave and Steve in the parking lot at uppers and decided to ride down anyway. By the time we got down to the beach the wind had died way down. By the time we were in the water it was glassy but with some residual bump.   For a while it turned off-shore. Waves were head high plus and I caught plenty of waves for how crowded it was.   Better to be lucky than good.  One problem: the water was below 60˚!  Stupid wind.







No comments:

Post a Comment