There is nothing better than salt in the air and sand in my hair (what's left of it).

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Late Start

I’ve been relying  too much on my pugs to wake me up.   Those lazy dogs decided to sleep in today and I didn’t set my alarm.   So I didn’t get into the water until 5:35.   It was a slow start, but as the tide dropped things got better.   More belly to shoulder high waves, ESE wind and a bonus: nice warm water 64˚/65˚.  As I was taking pictures I saw a guy walking toward Lowers.  Didn’t think much of it but as he got to the creek, which is still flowing, he tried to jump from shore to shore.   He was fully dressed carrying a skateboard, surfboard and wetsuit.  He managed to do a perfect faceplant in the creek, 100% soaking of him, his wetsuit, his skateboard and then the humiliation of having to run after his board as it drifted toward the ocean.   It’s not nice to laugh at other’s misfortunes, Karma and all that, but that was damn funny.



No comments:

Post a Comment