There is nothing better than salt in the air and sand in my hair (what's left of it).

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Classic

Nice semi-consistent waist to head high waves this morning with a stiff off-shore breeze and warm water.

It was a classic California fall morning. Only in the water for 1.5 hours but caught 10 -12 waves on my 6’4” plank. Not bad for an old guy. 

Thank God my Dad bought me that first surfboard in 1968.   It was a dinged up 9'6" Dewey Weber with a set of wood car racks for $40.  The guy wanted $60, but my Dad got him down to $40.  That was my first stoke.

The crowd thinned from the weekend, but it was still a popular spot for the morning, with an assortment of the usual suspects. When I get to work after a morning like this, it’s really hard to focus. I keep reviewing in my mind the set waves that I rode all the way into the bay……. Uh-Oh here comes my boss!





No comments:

Post a Comment