There is nothing better than salt in the air and sand in my hair (what's left of it).

Friday, June 7, 2013

Limited Time

Had to be in the office today by 8:30 for an “important” meeting.   Since I had limited time and these long period swells are generally a little closed out I opted for someplace close to work and with a little structure to break up the swell.   Since the tide was going to be too low for Laguna or Scotsman’s Cove I decided to go straight to Newport.  Paddled out at 38th street at 5:20; further north looked a little too closed out.  There were plenty of good lefts and an occasional against the grain right.  I have to admit surfing Uppers all the time spoils you.  Sad, but truth be told I think I only made two out of three late take-offs.  Out of the water at 7:30 and walked into the meeting right at 8:30.  Damn I’m good.





















No comments:

Post a Comment