There is nothing better than salt in the air and sand in my hair (what's left of it).

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Done!

Just wrapped up a three and a half day conference on process validation and cold chain management; absolutely riveting.  Three and a half days of buffet breakfasts, buffet lunches, snacks and five star dinners.  Guaranteed I gained a minimum of 5 lbs, feels like 10!
I did come across these pictures on my screensaver, during the conference, from a trip to Maui a number of years back.  It's that little shallow spot in reef in front of Kapalua Bay.  Only breaks when there is a big north-west swell.  We were staying at the old Kapalua Bay hotel and I decided to paddle out and try to surf that little right after I saw some bodyboarders doin it the day before.  It looks small, but it was actually chest to head high, breaking in about a foot of water.  Had a great time until I got cocky and started taking off a little deeper and later.  Ended up getting thumped off the bottom a few times.  I was hurting for a couple of days, which dramatically increased my pool side Mai Tai bills. :-)   We're in the planning stages for a two week visit early next year, can't wait.
I hope there is some surf in the morning, this morning's cam looked pretty bad and the forecast isn't all that encouraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment