There is nothing better than salt in the air and sand in my hair (what's left of it).

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Down and Up 2X

Rode down in the dark and as soon as I got to the tracks I could feel the south wind blowin hard.   Stood on the beach talking to John while looking at the chopped up waves; finally giving up on it and rode back to the parking lot.   Was shootin the shit with Dave and Pete for a while and we realized the wind had died down.   Decided to give it a second look and it had glassed off.  There was still some residual bump on it and later we got a SE breeze, not technically off shore but close enough.  The S wind came back with a vengence around 8:30.  So all in all it turned out to be an OK morning.  The ride back up was cool too, at the intersection of the trail I dovetailed into the ironman bike race.  It made me peddle a lot harder then I usually do.






No comments:

Post a Comment