There is nothing better than salt in the air and sand in my hair (what's left of it).

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Survey Said: Boring

No surfing, no real exercise (except PT), just laying around with my leg up on ice.

So I put myself on a diet just so I'm not regulated to a longboard when I get back in water in July. I needed to do this for a long time anyway.

No I'm not counting calories and no I'm not doing any of the fad diets out there. I'm just eating real food, no snacking and absolutely nothing out of a box or a bag. I'm also fasting once or twice a week for 24 hours. It's weird, I'm never hungry now. No cravings, not depriving myself and no worries if I skip a meal. For instance, this morning I had 2 eggs and bacon with coffee, then for lunch I had an avocado, a banana, an orange and an apple, later tonight it's lean and green and blueberries with real whipped cream for dessert.

I once heard someone say that the food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison. I'm beginning to believe it, most of my joint pain has disappeared.

So far, so good. I've dropped 12 pounds. My goal is to drop another 10 or 15 before I'm back in the water.

This book really motivated me: "The Obesity Code: Unlocking the Secrets ofWeight Loss" by Jason Fung, Timothy Noakes   

Meanwhile, down at the beach we've got this $#!+ going on:

No comments:

Post a Comment