There is nothing better than salt in the air and sand in my hair (what's left of it).

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Shark!!!!

What can I say. I'm injured and I can't surf. So the current hysteria on shark attacks and shark sightings at Trestles is a bit removed for me. Had I not been injured during this time I guarantee I would be in the line-up with everyone else. The difference for me is I would rely on my engineering background and take refuge in the statistics on shark attacks. The odds of getting attacked and killed by a shark in my lifetime are 1 in 3,748,067. (You are more likely to die from fireworks (1 in 340,733), lightning (1 in 79,746), drowning (1 in 1,134), a car accident (1 in 84), stroke (1 in 24), or heart disease (1 in 5)). Granted the data I looked at did not take into account the number of hours a typical surfer like me spends in the water verses the general public. But even if you cut the odds in half that's still 1 in 1,874,033.

So, just go surfing. Recent events aside the odds are still in your favor.

Or, if you can't stop thinking about the man in the grey suit quit surfing an take up something safe like tiddlywinks. Wait!?! I wonder what the odds are of eye injury playing tiddlywinks......

 duunnn dunnn... duuuunnnn duun... duuunnnnnnnn dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnn dunnnn


No comments:

Post a Comment