There is nothing better than salt in the air and sand in my hair (what's left of it).

Monday, June 1, 2015

Birthday & Anniversary

Age is relative. However, the older you get the more you have to push yourself to get out there. Today is my 47th anniversary since I first entered the ocean with a surfboard. I know because it was my 13th birthday. My Dad bought me a 9-6 Weber with a set of wood racks for $40. I don't have any pictures of it but about a year later I cut the middle out of it, used a broomstick as dowels to glue the two halves together and glassed it back up. Ta-Da! My first short board; with a big D fin. Doh! It wasn't long till I saved up enough for a proper shortboard.

Today was shoulder high, off-shore, warmer water and not too many early risers.












There are kooks in and out of the water....

No comments:

Post a Comment