There is nothing better than salt in the air and sand in my hair (what's left of it).

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Dude

I can't articulate how amasing today was.  My Irish cowerker Gordon picked me up from the hotel at 6:00 this morning and drove me up to a place near Sligo called Easkey rights and lefts; about an hours drive. We started out surfing the right but as the swell picked up we could see the left was starting to go off!  We paddled over to the left and caught some sick drainers.  I've been to Ireland at least a couple dozen times over the years and have never caught it like this.  And to top it off the water was around 60 degrees.  I wasn't cold the whole 3 1/2 hour session. Borrowed wetsuit and borrowed 6'8" single fin no rocker fun board.  It was unreal with only me and Gorden surfing the right and only a hand full of guys surfing the left. That left was absolutely going off, it looked like restaurants.
Later in the day I went for a drive with some other guys and topped the day off with an Italian feast. Unreal!  Tomorrow we're heading to Dublin and then catching an early flight to Zurich on Monday morning.  Back to work.
Easkey Rights




Easkey Lefts







Atlantic Coast



Keem Beach - The most western point on Ireland




No comments:

Post a Comment