There is nothing better than salt in the air and sand in my hair (what's left of it).

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Balmy and Surreal

I looked at all the forecasts last night and determined that Sir Edward was not finished with us yet.  But when I got up this morning it sure felt like offshore.  Checked on line and bolted for Uppers.  I was about 15 minutes behind schedule, so it was already light when I pulled up on the sand.   Just me and some chest high little waves.   Paddled out at 5:45 and surfed all by myself till 7:30. Actually, I wasn’t completely alone a pod of Dolphins hung around for a while.  I rode a wave with one of the bigger Dolphins in front of me out on the shoulder.  Epic!  Water felt like 67° and the air was about the same.  When the sun came out it was downright hot.  The tide started slowing things down around 8:00 but I was done by then anyway.  As I was wrapping it up Florida Joe paddled out in trunks.  Definitely the right call.

Empty lineup before I paddled out











Yours Truly all alone - Courtesy of Surfline


No comments:

Post a Comment