There is nothing better than salt in the air and sand in my hair (what's left of it).

Friday, January 11, 2013

A Man Has Got To Know His Limitations

It was 31˚ at my house this morning, and the San Clemente report had the water at a chilly 55˚.  Even though there was some swell on the buoys I had a feeling yesterday’s windfest was going lay down a heavy bump on whatever swell was pulling through.  So I wussed out and slept in a little bit before going to work.  Prolly the right call since the Surfline cam didn't look all that appealing.  UPDATE: I talked to Bain Saturday morning, he paddled out at 9:00 and surfed till 1:00.  He said it cleaned up nice after a little morning sickness.  It was super consistent, uncrowded and a couple of feet overhead.  Nice!
From Surfline

2 comments:

  1. hahhahahahahaaaa...I love the iceberg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went - you missed nothing. Starting to get used to the early stages of hypothermia.

    ReplyDelete