There is nothing better than salt in the air and sand in my hair (what's left of it).

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Progress

Feeling better every day. Still sore but have been able to cut way back on the pain meds; should be off them early next week after they pull the catheter. I can’t wait for that thing to be gone (Tuesday at 11:00). The doctor wanted me walking 3 miles a day by the weekend, which was tough to do Friday, not so bad yesterday and today I already have 2 miles under my belt. Got a big bruise developing on my right side and my scrote is the size of a baseball (don’t worry no more pictures). Can’t wait to get back in the water. The doc told me last Wednesday after surgery that I should be able to surf again after three weeks as long as I felt I could do it without too much pain from the incisions. Everything inside should be healed by then. If I continue to mend at this same pace, I should be good to go by November 9th.

No comments:

Post a Comment