There is nothing better than salt in the air and sand in my hair (what's left of it).

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Back From Ireland

Spent a couple of weeks in Ireland on a business trip (June 9 - 20). I brought home a massive sinus infection with me. I'm sure it had nothing to do with working all day and enjoying the pub life in the evenings. To be fair, there is sun light until after 11:00 this time of year so the evening can get away from you very quickly.
I really enjoyed catching up with all the friends I've made in Westport over the years. In fact, I'm thinking of buying an apartment there and renting it out as a holiday home when we're not there. I absolutely love this town.
Since there was no surf to be found on the weekend I spent  Friday night in Cong (where they filmed The Quite Man) at my friend Patrick's house and mountain biked all over the grounds at Ashford Castle. Saturday evening I hooked up with my buddy Danny to watch his son play Gaelic football (brutal sport) and dinner with the fam after that. Then on Sunday I went to a kids soccer game with my buddy Cathal and had lunch with his wife Pam in town afterwards. Finally, on Sunday night we had a home cooked dinner at Ger's house. These are the friendliest, down to earth humans on this globe.
Bridge Street

Croagh Patrick

Mountain Biking on the grounds of Ashford Castle 



Charlie and Uncle John

View from the hotel parking lot

Westport House

At the end of the Quay

The Helm - Best pub in town

Ger, Carla, JD, Conor and Mary
Direct Flight DUB - LAX 


The only way to fly

No comments:

Post a Comment