There is nothing better than salt in the air and sand in my hair (what's left of it).

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Grandson update

We got really good news this week. After 4 weeks of blood tests and genetic mapping we were informed that Tripp does not have the genetic form of Aplastic Anemia (Fanconi Anemia), which is basically incurable.

He began treatment yesterday and will be part of this clinicalstudy

If he responds well he should be able to go home next week after 6 weeks in the hospital. It’s going to be a long rode for this little guy but his spirits are high.

My wife is still in Georgia and will probably remain there for another 3 or 4 weeks. So it's just me and the mangy mutts holding down the fort. 

No use talking about the surf or the lack there of.  There have been a few windows of waist high waves here and there but the water quality is not good. Many of my buddies that braved the poo water have gotten sick. I'm just going to wait until things clean up. I can't afford to get sick, especially if I need to go back to Georgia. 


Tripp and his Mimi


This morning




No comments:

Post a Comment