There is nothing better than salt in the air and sand in my hair (what's left of it).

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Squeezed In A Quick Sesh

I had an 8:00 call that I had to take today. I was 5 minutes late when I called in while still getting dressed next to my truck. If they only knew....

It had a little morning sickness today with a slight bump from the NW but it cleaned up pretty quickly. Wave count is still down due to my shoulder injury, but it's getting better day by day. Yeah, I know I should take a break but I'm an addict and I can't stop!!!

There was an incident this morning that I have to share. Paddling back out after a wave a guy on a fun board drops in on a kid with a long board and they collide 15 yards in front of me. I duck dive as deep as I can and come up about 10 yards behind the kid with the long board with a set wave bearing down. Yup, he pushes his log away from himself, right at me and dives under the wave. I duck dive again, as deep as I can but luckily I had no momentum and the wave dragged me inside away from superkook. I yelled a few unkind words and was going to have a discussion with these kooks on my way back to the line-up. But listening to their conversation I come to find out that the dad dropped in on the son and was chewing his ass out for not straitening out when he burned him. What would be the point of even talking to these kooks; I just paddled away....
Thanks Frazer for the sunrise pic!
















No comments:

Post a Comment