There is nothing better than salt in the air and sand in my hair (what's left of it).

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Lonely


Paddled out at 6:10 all by myself.   Air 40˚, water 58˚ and a stiff offshore wind.  It was slightly bigger than yesterday (waist to maybe shoulder high) and more consistent, not a lot but definitely more consistent.   A little swamped out with the 6.2 high tide peaking just before dawn, but I’m sure it got better as the tide dropped.   Just after  7:00 Troy and Phil paddled out.   Had to bail at 7:30 so I could be at an "important" meeting in Irvine by 9:00.  
Wore my new Isurus 4-3-4 wetsuit today.  This is absolutely the warmest wetsuit I’ve ever owned.   It fit me like a glove and basically felt like I was dry on the inside.   The closed cell Yamamoto neoprene is hydrophobic, so it’s not absorbing any water.  I highly recommend it.





No comments:

Post a Comment