There is nothing better than salt in the air and sand in my hair (what's left of it).

Monday, December 6, 2010

A Public Service Announcement

I remember reading in one of the magazines not too long ago that 75% of surfers pee in their wetsuits and that the other 25% are lying. That being said, I was putting my booties on one morning last month and got a whiff.

That smell would chase the pigs off a gut truck!

So during this last flat spell I began a search to remedy the stink in my booties. My wife told me to use anti-bacterial soap; while that made sense and it helped, the aroma was still very noticeable. The internet has a product out there but I was determined to not spend any money on this if didn’t have to, plus the reviews were not impressive. Then I thought I’d try a water/mouthwash mix; that only added a minty tint to the stank. So I asked my daughter, the mother of two young children, what she uses to clean the grandkids clothes when they have a blow-out diaper.

Woolite.

This is the answer my friends, just a half ounce or so in a bucket of water, let it soak for an hour or two (maybe more if you’re big on urinating in your wetsuit) and voila the smell is gone.   Invest in a good hanger too, they'll dry faster:  $9.99 on Amazon



No comments:

Post a Comment