There is nothing better than salt in the air and sand in my hair (what's left of it).

Monday, July 5, 2010

Sunday and Monday

Coastal Eddy, a serious problem this time of year.   After passing on Saturday's mess, I went and looked at some protected areas Sunday and decided to go out at Strands.  It was semi smooth when I took this picture; 15 minutes after I paddled out a hard onshore flow began.  Home by 7am.














Then today I opted for another wind protected less popular locale given that this was a well publicized swell.   We used to call this Sammy's - don't know what they call it these days.   There were a few waves to be had and not too many takers.   I'll be honest it was a bit inconsistent, I got about 10 decent waves in 2 hours, I wonder how uppers was?














No comments:

Post a Comment