There is nothing better than salt in the air and sand in my hair (what's left of it).

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Shark!

I've been surfing for 43 years (I know, I'm old as dirt) and this is only the second time I've seen a shark in the lineup.  I was sitting a little inside towards the bay and was looking towards the point when I saw a fin pop out of the water about 3 yards from my friend Tom.  The "fin" did a zig-zag move towards a bird sitting in the water nearby.   The bird jumped up and landed again and the shark made another move on the bird before it flew away.   By this time Tom and most of the other people in the water had paddled into the shallows and eventually on shore.   Most everyone went back out after a half hour or so.   That shark looked hungy so I just went to work.   The waves were small, but it was glassy:













No comments:

Post a Comment