There is nothing better than salt in the air and sand in my hair (what's left of it).

Monday, April 19, 2010

April 19th: Right Place Right Time

Last night I almost decided not to surf today.   I had an 8:00am conference call and a 9:00am presentation that I hadn't started yet.   So I forced myself to put together the presentation late Sunday night and set the alarm for oh dark 30.   Paddled out at around 5:30am and had one of the better sessions I've had in a long time.   I was in the right place at the right time over and over again.   Out of the water at 7:30, rode up to the truck in my wetsuit, take my whore's bath (warm water rinse using two 2 liter water bottles I filled with hot water before I left), get dressed for work and phoned into the 8:00am conference call on the way to work.  Executed the presentation flawlessly at 9:00.

Well worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment